This diabetes prevention program is for anyone at risk for developing diabetes and your support people. Do you want to maximize your health and minimize possible diabetes progression? If so, this workshop series is for you.
The series will include:
- 3 sessions, each 1.5 hours long
- Small-group setting
- Tools and skills to prevent or delay the onset of diabetes
Participation includes attendance at all three sessions.
Why Participate in a Diabetes Prevention Program?
Diabetes training has proven effective:
- 90 million Americans have pre-diabetes
- 40% who get training support are able to avoid or delay a diabetes diagnosis
Source: Center for Disease Control and Prevention
What is Pre-Diabetes?
Pre-diabetes is defined by fasting blood sugar between 100 and 126 or an A1C is between 5.7 and 6.4.
Other health markers may also increase your risk for diabetes and metabolic syndrome.
What are the Benefits of Preventing Diabetes?
- Improve heart health
- Sleep better
- Slows down the aging process
- More energy
- Increased confidence in social situations
- Time saved by not going to doctors appointments
- Save money - diabetes is expensive!
Learning Outcomes of Workshop Series
- Identify risk of diabetes in today’s society
- Recognize personal risk and health history
- Understand the major steps to prevent diabetes
- Learn to use a glucose meter and apply results to everyday life
- Develop a personalized system to increase physical activity
- Tools for tasty and healthy meal planning
- Incorporate mindful self care to diabetes prevention
- Role of social support
Inner SE Portland, Oregon
Workshop Series Dates, Spring 2018
- Session 1: Thursday, April 26th
- Session 2: Thursday, May 3rd
- Session 3: Thursday, May 10th
*All 3 sessions will be held from 7:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Registration for Spring 2018 Workshop
Please note that we have limited space availability. Registration is first-come-first-serve so make sure you sign up early to ensure a spot.
Registration Deadline: April 20th, 2018
Early Bird Special: Register by April 1st for a $50 discount
Registration: To register for the workshop series, simply fill out the registration form at the bottom of this page and click "submit" when you are done.
Once you submit the form, we will be in contact with you within 2 business days. If you don't hear from us within 2 business days, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 503-504-5050, as there may have been a technical issue.
Cost and Insurance Options
Cost: $200 per person for the full workshop series, if register after April 1st. Enjoy an early-bird special of $50 if you register before April 1st.
Insurance Coverage Potential: This diabetes prevention workshop series may be covered by your insurance plan. Insurance coverage can be determined. Contact Julia for more information (email@example.com)